1. Abstract MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the abstract submission deadline: 17 FEBRUARY 2022.
Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the programme or publication.
2. Abstract can be submitted into the following:
● Audience and Reception Studies
● Children, Youth and Media
● Communication and Democracy
● Communication History
● Communication, Law and Policy
● Crisis Communication
● Diaspora, Migration and the Media
● Digital Culture and Communication
● Digital Games Research
● Film Studies
● Gender, Sexuality and Communication
● International and Intercultural Communication
● Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction
● Journalism Studies
● Media, Cities and Space
● Media Industries and Cultural Production
● Organisational and Strategic Communication
● Philosophy of Communication
● Political Communication
● Radio and Sound
● Science and Environment Communication
● Television Studies
● Visual Cultures
Temporary Working Groups
● Affect, Emotion and Media
● Communication and Sport
● Ethics of Mediated Suffering
● Health Communication
● Journalism and Communication Education
● Central and East-European Network
● Women's Network
● YECREA (Young scholars network)
3. Abstracts could be amended in the online submission system until the deadline of 17 February 2022. After the deadline, all abstracts will be locked for further editing.
4. All successfully submitted abstracts will advance to the peer review process. The ECREA 2022 Scientific Committee members will consider its formal aspects and the content within a few level evaluation procedures. They will decide which abstracts will be accepted and may reconsider the final presentation type.
5. Accepted abstracts will form part of the final scientific programme and as such will be presented onsite as well as published in the official conference proceedings. Abstracts not suitable for display will be rejected. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. The organiser reserves the right to edit abstracts, if necessary, prior to the publication.
6. All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail by 26 April 2022.
7. All accepted presenting authors are obliged to confirm their participation in the conference programme until 19 May 2022 and proceed the registration as soon as possible after this date. Those presenting authors who will not confirm their participation and will not be registered for the Conference and whose registration will not be fully covered by the deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the final programme.
8. During the submission a preferred session type must be selected for each submitted abstract. Please note that the ECREA 2020 Scientific Committee holds the right to change the final session type if considered accordingly. There are two separate submission platforms for individual paper submission and for panel submissions, however the abstract formatting requirements are the same for both.
● Individual paper submission
Submission for single abstracts, which will be presented (if accepted and selected) within one session (poster session) together with different abstracts from different authors. They will be selected and grouped thematically by the Scientific Committee.
Authors submit their abstracts with a preference as a paper (=oral presentation) or poster. Individual papers must fulfil the abstract formatting requirements below.
● Panel submission
Panel convenors may directly submit a whole session = panel, which consists of 5 individual panel sub-abstracts.
To submit a panel an abstract for panel rational must be submitted first (submitted not saved as draft). Once the rational is submitted, 5 slots for individual sub-abstracts will be open and the individual panel abstracts may be submitted within the panel rational.
It is expected that the panel convenor submits the panel rationale as well as all the panel papers from the partial speakers. Panel convenor is also considered to be the contact person for the whole panel.
1. All abstracts must be written in English.
2. When submitting your abstract, consider and choose the corresponding ECREA section.
3. The abstract title is limited by 30 words and must be submitted using the Sentence case (eg. This is the title of my abstract)
4. Up to 10 authors can be submitted under one abstract (including presenting author).
The presenting author is selected first; other authors can be added only when the presenting author is submitted. However, the authors order could be changed if needed by swopping the names at the list of the co-authors.
In the Individual Panel Paper select presenting author by clicking on a star icon on the right side.
The first name is considered to be the main author
5. Abstract length is between 300 - 500 words.
6. No pictures/tables/charts are allowed within the abstract text.
7. No additional files could be uploaded.
8. Number of submitted abstracts per one submitter/author is not limited. However, you can present only one individual abstract (and one abstract in the panel).
Please note that participants can be nominated as the first (presenting) author in one accepted submission only. If more than one contribution with the same first (presenting) author is accepted, the participant stated as the first (presenting) author will be asked to decide which paper they want to present. There is no restriction on the number of presentations where a conference participant is listed as co-author and participants can still act as chair or respondent of a panel.