LITERATURE, MEDIA, SOUND
Aarhus University, Bld. 1580 (Langelandsgade 139, DK-8000 Aarhus C), Kasernescenen, lille sal.
Please download the app AU Find for easy navigation at Aarhus University.
THURSDAY 28. NOVEMBER (NB ROOM 124)
12-13 Registration (Coffee and fruit)
13.00 Opening remarks
13.15 Keynote lecture: Mark B. N. Hansen: “Sound’s Futurity” (chair Birgitte Stougaard Pedersen)
15.00 Paper session (chair: Tore Rye Andersen)
- Søren Pold, Christian Ulrik Andersen, Jonas Fritch: "Ink after Print – Post-Digital Reading-Writing and the Materiality of Post-Digital Books”
- Thomas Bøgevald Bjørnsten: “Formatted and Filtered – On Digitally Processed Texts and Voices Across Modalities and Genres”
- Malcolm Angelucci, Alessandro Mistrorigo: “Looking for a Poetics of the “Reading Voice”.
17.00 Keynote lecture: Stig Hjarvard: “Books in a Mediatized Age” (Chair: Iben Have)
18.30 Reception including a light meal followed by a concert
FRIDAY 29. NOVEMBER
9.00 Keynote lecture: Maria Engberg: “The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, Upgrade Soul and the Challenging Sounds of Polyaesthetics” (chair: Søren Pold)
10.30 Paper session (chair: Nina Christensen)
- Morten Søndergaard: “The Experiment as Act”.
- Stefan Kjerkegaard: “Methods After Mediatization of The Literary System”
- Jørgen Bruhn: “Representing Sound in Language: David Mitchell’s Cloud Atlas (2004)”
- A. Elisabeth Reichel: “The New Sound of Music: Music's Integrative Function in Richard Powers’ The Time of Our Singing”
13.15 Paper session (chair: Jørgen Bruhn)
- Cyril de Beun: “The Writer’s Speech in German-Speaking Modernism: Genre and Media”
- Ilva Skulte, Aiga Dzalbe: “Inside Language, Inside Speech: Interactive and Immersive Poetry by the Text Group Orbita”
- Iben Have, Birgitte Stougaard: “Affordances of the Audiobook, Investigating Voice”
15.15 Paper session (chair: Stefan Kjerkegaard)
- Anne Myrup Munk: “Genre-Hybrids and the Book as a Medium in the New Media Landscape”
- Rasmus Grøn: “The Book-Trailer as Trans-Media Paratext”
16.15 Keynote lecture: Matt Rubery: “How to Read a Talking Book” (chair: Iben Have)
18.30 Dinner at “Det Glade Vanvid”
SATURDAY 30. NOVEMBER
9.30 Keynote lecture: Steven Connor: “Channels” (chair: Birgitte Stougaard Pedersen)
11.15 Paper session (chair: Thomas Bjørnsten)
- Morten Riis: “Cassette Operations”
- Tom Willaert: "The Reception of the Gramophone and Phonograph in Dutch Literature: the Case of De Stijl"
13.15 Paper session (chair: Søren Pold)
- Klaus Nielsen: “THE MATERIALITY OF AUDIO BOOKS – TECHNOLOGY AND TRANSMISSION OF TEXTS BORN AUDIAL”.
- Scott Rettberg, University of Bergen, Digital Culture , Roderick Coover, Temple University, Film and Media Arts: “Collaboration, Voice, Video, and Combinatory Narrative
- Budhaditya Chattopadhyay: “Auditory (Con)texts: Textualizing the Sonic Phenomena”
14.45 Concluding remarks and Coffee